The Holy Council
Please register or login to use this sites many features!
The Holy Council
Please register or login to use this sites many features!
The Holy Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise my brothers!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Guide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seargent Major
Administrator
Administrator
Seargent Major

Sub-Profile
Health:
The Official Guide Left_bar_bleue100/100The Official Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Prefex: Fabled

The Official Guide Empty
PostSubject: The Official Guide   The Official Guide EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:01 am

Edit 17/11/09: Stickied.

Note: I have used colours in this thread for viewing purposes only. You should never use colours in a thread unless given the responsibilty by an administrator.

Key: Questions = Red. Answers = Green.

Lost? Need some help? This thread will hopefully answer your questions. Make sure you read this guide before asking a mod a question! And yes, this thread was created out of my time. And I made this myself.

Note: I had to rush this thread, and didn't write down all the questions I was hoping for. So if you think one should be added, send me a pm.

1. I can't find my way around the forums. What do I do!?!

A. When you are new to a website, navigating your way around the forums by yourself can be quite hard. If you need any help at all, send a message via bnet or private message with any questions to me, LA or P7. We will glady give you a hand.

2. A user has insulted me in a way, how can I notify moderators of the situation?

A. If a user has insulted you in anyway, the moderators will most likely see it. Give it a few days, and if not, feel free to send them a pm! We highly recommend you don't start a flame war with this member, you will only fuel him up and not only that, you will also be banned.

3. How come other users have a different rank compared to me?

A. Ranks are given out through time, loyalty, contests and other things. If you wish to rank up, do not ask a moderator if you can rank up, as you will most likely be demoted.

4. I'm not up-to-date with all this "fancy" technology. How do I insert things such as videos and etc?

A. Inserting a video from youtube is a very simple task. If you haven't already noticed, there are a few white boxes above the post. Each section has a specific category. For example, the first one is text, the second is text align, the next is lists, the next is quoting and inserting tables, the next is inserting videos and etc and last but not least, coloured text, text size and others. Please note that the last one (Coloured text and size) are not for your use unless given the responsibility by an administrator.

5. A moderator has warned me of spamming. What counts as spam?

A. Spamming is when a specific post doesn't meet the subject. Other things may be counted as spam such as: Posting in a different colour or size. Posting in all bold, posting in all italic and etc.

6. A moderator has banned me. How can I visit the site again?

A. We're sorry, but breaking the rules leads to a ban of a specific duration of time (Usually chosen by the moderator). You cannot visit the site again until the ban expires

7. How do I insert smilies?

A. If you look to the left, you will see a box with all smilies in them. You can click on anyone to insert that smilie. Sometimes if you post a smilie face, it will automatically turn into that emoticon. To disable smilies, look down at the bottom of your post.

8. How can I report a bug/error in the site to a Moderator?

A. The easiest way is to send a PM. If for some reason you can't access personal messaging, send them an email or pm via bnet.

9. Where can I advertise my group or something I want to sell?

A. We're sorry, but you can't advertise anything that is not affiliated with The Holy Council. If you are advertising an alliance of The Holy Council, then go ahead!

10. It has been a few days and a moderator hasn't noticed the person breaking the rules. What do I do?

A. Send a moderator a PM right away! Include what category, forum, what thread, the users account name and so on. If a moderator doesn't respond in a few days, try another moderator, and they will hopefully respond ASAP.

11. A moderator has banned me for no reason at all!

A. Don't worry, and don't blame the moderator. As you may know, it can be frustrating being a Moderator. Just report this situation (Via bnet) to another moderator (Works best if it's either me or LA). And they will most likely help you out.

12. This guide doesn't answer any of my questions.

A. Ask a moderator, they will happily answer any questions for you! The moderators will remember what question you asked, and may put it up in this thread.

Last edited by Seargent Major on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/306464/Group/GroupHome.aspx
LordAustin
Site Overlord
Site Overlord
LordAustin

Sub-Profile
Health:
The Official Guide Left_bar_bleue100/100The Official Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

The Official Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Guide   The Official Guide EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Also, a report feature at the bottom of peoples posts will soon be available, so if you are offended by something, so someones post / thread is against the rules, click the button and Admins and Moderators will be informed.
Back to top Go down
https://theholycouncil.forumotion.net
Seargent Major
Administrator
Administrator
Seargent Major

Sub-Profile
Health:

The Official Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Guide   The Official Guide EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:24 pm

LordAustin wrote:
Also, a report feature at the bottom of peoples posts will soon be available, so if you are offended by something, so someones post / thread is against the rules, click the button and Admins and Moderators will be informed.
That sounds good. Btw, thanks for the stickie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/306464/Group/GroupHome.aspx
Sponsored content

The Official Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Guide   The Official Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Guide
Page 1 of 1