The Holy Council
Please register or login to use this sites many features!
The Holy Council
Please register or login to use this sites many features!
The Holy Council
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise my brothers!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The AR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Insane AlphaBeta
Corporal
Corporal
Insane AlphaBeta

Sub-Profile
Health:
The AR Left_bar_bleue100/100The AR Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Prefex: None

The AR Empty
PostSubject: The AR   The AR EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:54 pm

No more Sprayn

**The AR**

in Halo 3 poeple allways say the AR is a *Spray and Prey* weapon
well these pople dont know how to use the AR correctly
so here is the correct way to use the AR

*CQC and Mid Range*

the AR is most effecttive in CQC but everyone just holds the triger down and goes for the melee
but the AR can kill without melee its called Burst Fire
kids these days dont know how usefull this really is
they just as they say *Srap Away* but they wont get anywhere if they come in contact with the BR or Carbine or in reach the DMR or Needle Rifle

thats why its important to burst fire the AR even at Close range

it is 100% requierd that you burst fire the AR at mid range if the enemy rushs at you back up
try to get further and further away from him
dont go for the melee

*Identifiy*
pick your battles wisely
try to Identify the weapon of the enemy you see
if they have a shotgun then dont get close to them [duh]
you can tell if they have ahsotgun if they dont shoot at you while at mid range
if its a guy with a BR burst fire your AR and find cover
if its a guy due wielding find cover QUICK
then take him by surprise
if its a guy in a bubble shield stay back and dont get close
good chance he has a shotgun
and again stay be teammates

Also dont try to take out a vehicles with the AR its built to take down infantry

[i would post pics but they are WAY to big]
Back to top Go down
Seargent Major
Administrator
Administrator
Seargent Major

Sub-Profile
Health:
Prefex: Fabled

The AR Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AR   The AR EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Nice review. It's actually called "Spray and Pay". Although, you could call it Spray and Prey. Anyway, good job. I'm looking forward to more of these. I'll be doing mine in a sec. ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/306464/Group/GroupHome.aspx
PHANTOMO71494
Mr. Smexy Lieutenant
Mr. Smexy Lieutenant
PHANTOMO71494

Sub-Profile
Health:
Prefex: Veteran

The AR Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AR   The AR EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:24 pm

I have done the burst fire for a long time now I really like it. Another good strategy with an AR is to circle strafe or to circle around an opponent. Works very well if the other person has an AR as well. They will think you are rushing beat down but in reality you are shooting the whole time instead of just trading kills with a melee attack.
Back to top Go down
Seargent Major
Administrator
Administrator
Seargent Major

Sub-Profile
Health:

The AR Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AR   The AR EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 4:46 am

PHANTOMO71494 wrote:
I have done the burst fire for a long time now I really like it. Another good strategy with an AR is to circle strafe or to circle around an opponent. Works very well if the other person has an AR as well. They will think you are rushing beat down but in reality you are shooting the whole time instead of just trading kills with a melee attack.
I prefer just to hold down a button and bash people.
Back to top Go down
PHANTOMO71494
Mr. Smexy Lieutenant
Mr. Smexy Lieutenant
PHANTOMO71494

Sub-Profile
Health:
Prefex: Veteran

The AR Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AR   The AR EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Seargent Major wrote:
PHANTOMO71494 wrote:
Yes but from a long distance the AR prevents you from just holding down the trigger and dealing damage. The recoil is too great and your AR moves up in the air.
Back to top Go down
Seargent Major
Administrator
Administrator
Seargent Major

Sub-Profile
Health:

The AR Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AR   The AR EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:54 am

PHANTOMO71494 wrote:
Seargent Major wrote:
PHANTOMO71494 wrote:
Yes but from a long distance the AR prevents you from just holding down the trigger and dealing damage. The recoil is too great and your AR moves up in the air.
Yes I mean in this case I wouldn't spray. If I don't have a good secondary weapon for long range I'll just let the target pass so I don't attract any attention.
Back to top Go down
Insane AlphaBeta
Corporal
Corporal
Insane AlphaBeta

Sub-Profile
Health:

The AR Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AR   The AR EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Seargent Major wrote:
PHANTOMO71494 wrote:
Seargent Major wrote:
PHANTOMO71494 wrote:
Yes I mean in this case I wouldn't spray. If I don't have a good secondary weapon for long range I'll just let the target pass so I don't attract any attention.
that mostly depends on the gametype and map i think

if its CTF it depends on where he is going, if he is going to your base with no question you should try and kill him
if its Team Slayer then it should be fine but still recommend killing him
if its on King of the hill then again just like CTF it depends on where he is going
if he is going to the hill then just like in CTF kill him
on Objective games it depends on these

1:Where is he going
Depending where he is going is important if he is going to your base then its important to kill him so he doesn't get the flag/plant the bomb etc etc
if its KOTH then it depends if he is going to the hill or not [of course he might be waiting for the other hill to spawn so his team can get some easy points]
it mainly depends on the situation your in

2:What weapons does he have
this is also important
if its CTF or BTB its important to kill him if he has any power weapons like Laser or Rocks or even Sniper
again it depends

3: The map
depending on the map it may also be important for any game type
lets say its KOTH on Sand Trap if he has the sniper and is going to one of sandtraps high spots he could easily snipe anyone that even goes near the hill

like i said it depends on these

1: GameType
2: Map
3: Situation
Back to top Go down
Seargent Major
Administrator
Administrator
Seargent Major

Sub-Profile
Health:

The AR Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AR   The AR EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Insane AlphaBeta wrote:
Seargent Major wrote:
PHANTOMO71494 wrote:
Seargent Major wrote:
PHANTOMO71494 wrote:

if its CTF it depends on where he is going, if he is going to your base with no question you should try and kill him
if its on King of the hill then again just like CTF it depends on where he is going

Depending where he is going is important if he is going to your base then its important to kill him so he doesn't get the flag/plant the bomb etc etc
if its KOTH then it depends if he is going to the hill or not [of course he might be waiting for the other hill to spawn so his team can get some easy points]

this is also important
if its CTF or BTB its important to kill him if he has any power weapons like Laser or Rocks or even Sniper
again it depends

lets say its KOTH on Sand Trap if he has the sniper and is going to one of sandtraps high spots he could easily snipe anyone that even goes near the hill

Yes. These are the issues that would determine whether I would or not. If he had a power weapon (especially one good at long range) I probably wouldn't waste a few bullets on him. Especially with the accuracy of the AR. And yes it also comes down to where he is going. Like if he was about to take or return the flag. Or if he was just about to run into cover, it'd be a waste of bullets.
Back to top Go down
Insane AlphaBeta
Corporal
Corporal
Insane AlphaBeta

Sub-Profile
Health:

The AR Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AR   The AR EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 12:05 am

Seargent Major wrote:
Insane AlphaBeta wrote:
Seargent Major wrote:
PHANTOMO71494 wrote:
Seargent Major wrote:
PHANTOMO71494 wrote:

this is also important
again it depends

Yes. These are the issues that would determine whether I would or not. If he had a power weapon (especially one good at long range) I probably wouldn't waste a few bullets on him. Especially with the accuracy of the AR. And yes it also comes down to where he is going. Like if he was about to take or return the flag. Or if he was just about to run into cover, it'd be a waste of bullets.
If he is running with your flag or is running to it its not a waist of bullits to kill him
Back to top Go down
Seargent Major
Administrator
Administrator
Seargent Major

Sub-Profile
Health:

The AR Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AR   The AR EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 am

I still find there to be no reason to burst fire with the AR. It doesn't have a great fire rate and doesn't have alot of recoil. I burst alot with the Silenced Sub-Machine gun in ODST though. And a few other weapons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The AR Empty
PostSubject: Re: The AR   The AR Empty

Back to top Go down

The AR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Holy Council :: Games :: Halo: Reach-
Jump to: